Loren is smart, passionate, motivated and never gives up.
Hear her story on What’s Cooking tomorrow at 3pm EST on Blog Talk Radio. She sends this delicious recipe for Macaroons, just in time for Passover! xo
Sweet Loren’s Macho Macaroons
– Makes 2 dozen -
1⁄2 cup Sucanat
1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup
2 large egg whites, whipped until stiff peaks
1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
3 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (mixture of finely ground and medium shredded is my favorite!)
1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chip chunks
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a standing mixer on medium-high speed, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy and it holds stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes. Place eggs whites aside in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the Sucanat and brown rice syrup together in standing mixer until well incorporated. Add vanilla with mixer on low speed.
3. Using a rubber spatula, fold in Sucanat/brown rice syrup/vanilla mixture into egg whites. Once mixed together, fold in the shredded coconut and the chocolate chunks. Do not overmix.
4. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Using a tablespoon and your fingers, or an ice cream scoop, form macaroons into 1 1⁄4-inch mounds about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
6. Be SWEET to yourself!